Here at Eastern Insurance, we have one very clear focus: you. Protecting you, your family and your business is what we do. Our passion, what matters most to us for our customers, is what we do for you after the policy sale. Whether we are answering a simple billing question, explaining the process for submitting a claim or solving a complex protection need, our number one product for our customers is the service we provide.
Today, purchasing insurance happens in one of two ways: 1) from a local, independent agent like Eastern, or 2) online. The most important difference between these two is that when you work with an independent agent like Eastern Insurance, there will always be a person you know waiting to help you. At Eastern, our trusted advisors are here for you 24/7—quite literally. On weekends, off hours … the times when things occasionally go wrong.
The next important difference is that the insurance industry is changing more frequently than ever before. Policies change due to new legislation, or because of weather events (like last winter), and with the unexpected. However, change can also mean choice! An online application for one insurance company may appear clear cut, but insurance today isn’t. You need a trusted advisor that will help you navigate the many factors that contribute to the solution for your protection needs as well as work with you to find you the most competitive rates from a wide array of insurance companies.
A third important difference is our commitment to making sure our customers are happy. We place tremendous value on what our customers think, and so, we ask. We began surveying our customers over 5 years ago and continue to survey our customers each quarter. You tell us what you like and don’t like, and we listen. While we receive many nice remarks and staff accolades, we always want to know how we can improve. Based on recent feedback our customers provided, we have implemented many steps. Here is a sample of just a few changes we have made:
- Call Out Campaign: We have created a Customer Care Team to call out to customers to touch base more regularly. We want to check in to be sure that if anything has changed, we can adapt your policy and find you the most competitive rates immediately.
- Renewal Reviews: Whether you’re a new customer or have been with us for years, it’s important to review your unique situation every time we speak. Changes could impact both your coverage and pricing. We want to make sure you’re adequately insured and not paying for what you don’t need.
- Quality Control: We are monitoring all phone calls with your agent and grading them based on efficiency and effectiveness. We then use them as training tools to continually improve our teams’ performance.
- Informational E-blasts: Legislative changes. Seasonal maintenance. Extreme weather or other emergencies you need to be aware of. Our e-blasts come out as the news happens to keep you informed. We’ll lay out the steps you have to take in this situation to make sure you, your family, and your business are safe.
- Social Media: Our social media channels allow us to always be listening. We also use these channels to provide safety tips and industry news, from tips to winterizing your home to changes in Massachusetts’ Workers Compensation rates. Have a question? Feel free to ask us on Twitter. Or simply follow us for the latest on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog!
- 24/7 Availability: Eastern’s 20 locations in Massachusetts make it very convenient for you to come see us and talk to us about your policy at any time. We provide 24/7 claims and customer service, including after-hours service on weekends and off hours in case of an emergency. You can always call us at (800) 333-7234, or contact us at any time through our website.
Customer service is the most important part of our jobs here at Eastern Insurance Group. Our mission is to be here for you no matter what, as your trusted advisors, and to always make sure our customers have the most competitive products and rates as the industry evolves. Give us a call at any time; we’re here for YOU.